Tuesday, May 13, 2008

May 12th Tabernacle Play Group

I am really excited about this! Through Mikaela's TOD, I learned of a playgroup that a mom in the area started to keep in touch with various other children or families that she has met all of which have a child with a hearing loss. They were holding a social at a church in Tabernacle and I went with Juliana and Mikeala. Kurt was planning to attend, but he was stuck on 76 in traffic. No surprise there!

Anyhow, I met some great people and the group is planning to meet once a month. We are thinking of ideas of events to do. Next month we are having a picnic at a local park. The kids will run and play while we chat.

I am looking forward to hearing about other's journeys and learn from them. One family, in particular, lives right here in Marlton. Actually within walking distance! I am planning to walk with the mom and hoping to learn a ton from her! She is an ASL interpreter. Her husband is 4th generation deaf and their daughter is 5th generation deaf. I am excited about this two fold...it is long overdue that I get back into exercising and obviously, she is a wealth of knowledge in a world I am now a part of on behalf of my precious daughter.

No comments: