Monday, June 22, 2009

CI's and Music


http://tinyurl.com/mdykek

Above is an article posted on a few of the CI loops to which I belong. I found it really interesting and worth noting here. (I will also copy and paste it for reference once Mikaela starts school.) The article notes how CI users benefit in quiet environments, but how noisy environments are a huge challenge, particularly background music. Good to note for parties and just whenever we are in noisy situations.

Ever since I learned of Mikaela's hearing loss, I have listened to music less and less in the car. I know that it is a challenge to hear us talking over the road noise let alone adding in music!! If there is silence in the car, she is more likely to keep the processor on for the entire trip. Add too many potholes or background music and she is much more likely to pull it off. Subsequently, she prefers windows closed as well. The wind is too much and she will take it off.

Just sharing this here for those of you still learning about CI limitations and special considerations for CI recipients. Please take the time to read the entire article and I would love to read any comments or thoughts you have. Thanks!

No comments: