Tuesday, April 1, 2008

March 31 - 4 mo. Well Visit

Well, I just want to go to the doctor and leave with him saying, "Everything looks right on track. See you next month." NO! Mikaela's head grew a full inch in the past two months and 'normal' growth is 1/2 inch in two months. So this means we have to "monitor" her for Hydrocephalus. i.e. water on the brain. There is a range of severity one may have this condition. Some have it and never even know it. They just have big heads. Some have it worse. If she has this condition and if she has it severely, the plan is to do surgery and put in a shunt to drain the excess fluid from the brain.

My nerves!! I am a bit beside myself.

Dr. Jay said we'll just wait and measure again next month. Yeah, right! Don't you think for one minute that I won't be taking out my tape measure EVERY SINGLE MONDAY!!

This baby girl continues to remain on every prayer chain going! Thank you all for your continued support and prayers!

No comments: