Tuesday, April 1, 2008

February 19 - ENT visit

We are scheduled to visit the ENT (Ear Nose and Throat) doctor. Erin recommended Dr. Ken Kazahaya since he most likely would be doing the Cochlear Implant surgery - should Mikaela be a candidate. I wasn't sure what to expect from this visit. Not sure of the purpose.

He did looked in her ears, removed lots of wax and wrote a bunch of prescriptions. The prescriptions were for further tests. When a baby is born with a hearing loss, they test for other things - syndromes - that can occur. She has to have an MRI, her eyes checked, a urinalysis and genetic testing. In my opinion, this was like going to your general practitioner to get the referrals for the other tests/doctors.

He seems like a really great guy! I have heard good things about his surgical abilities. He even likes horses - and has one (maybe more). :-) I am not sure when we go back to him again, but I will call once we have all the tests complete to ask results.

No comments: