Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Sign????????

Okay, I'm a little slow! I am pretty sure Mikaela's first sign is 'light'. She looks at the light and puts her arm over her head and spreads her fingers with her palm facing her! It is soooooo cute! She has been doing it for quite some time and I am finally putting it together!

So we are sitting at the kitchen table (well, she in her highchair) and I kept asking her, "where's the light?" (Signing and speaking, since her aids were in). She would consistently look at the light in the kitchen and do the sign then look to the light in the family room and do the sign! So precious! I wish you all could be here to see her!

I am so happy! I suppose receptive is finally moving towards expressive!

(10 months, two weeks and one day)

2 comments:

The Brights said...

Hello! I found your blog through deafvillage. Your daughter is so adorable! My son's first sign was also light. He started signing after he was a year old. We are from a very small community in Montana and have almost no ASL resources around us. We have taught ourselves by watching Signing Time, attending a very basic SEE course, and browsing sites online. Lifeprint.com and http://commtechlab.msu.edu/Sites/aslweb/browser.htm are two of my favorites. Anyhow...you can learn more about us at www.thebrightson.blogspot.com!

Take care,

Tiffany

Anonymous said...

Hi Faith!

Yeah, Mikaela with your first word! I bet it was adorable and you only have more to look forward to.

See you both soon,

Kim