Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Welcome Back

It sure has been a while!!!   So much has happened since I posted last.  Six months ago.  I'm quite embarassed, but more astonished! 

I'll bring you up to speed - Reader's Digest style.  We'll get the GI stuff out first.  We had two trips to CHOP for suspected intestinal blockages, but to our surprise, there weren't any.  Thank God!  She had all the tell tale signs, but the scans were clear and we were kept overnight for observation and send home the next day - both times.  She still has a bit of acid reflux, but hasn't thrown up since the day after Thanksgiving.

Mikaela started walking October 22nd, four days prior to her second birthday.  Physically, she is slowly catching up to a typical two year old.  Although, to tell you the truth, I am not certain what she should be doing by now.  She is walking faster, gaining better balance, she can jump a little while holding on to something.  We only have physical therapy once a month now.

She has added weekly speech therapy to our Teacher of the Deaf coming six times per month. Her language is just booming!  Her word approximations are in the hundreds now.  She speaks in two - three word sentences and talks pretty much every waking minute!  :-)  Who knew my deaf daughter would be keeping up with her big sister?

Speaking of big sisters, I never told you all what I had....ANOTHER GIRL!  Rebecca Nicole was born 9/9/09 and weighed 8 lbs 14 ounces.  She is an angel of a baby.  I am truly blessed.  Here is a current picture of her:




As you can imagine, my New Year's resolution is to post here more!  I want to share more of Mikaela's journey, but these last several months, I have been living in the moment and just enjoying my family. 

Thank you for continuing to follow Mikaela's story.   Until next time....

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Yes you have been away too long! But U had a baby, that understandable, a beautiful Rebecca, she does look like Mikaela when she was little. Godness me Mikaela does develop very well into a very pretty young girl, there is nothing baby about her... look on those eyelashes! WoW! It's nice to read her progress. I have always wondered how she is doing.

Happy new year and hope the new year would bring good health for you and the family.