Sunday, January 10, 2010

Not Happy

So all was well today (1/9), it is my mom's birthday, we picked out the granite slab for our kitchen, had a good lunch, and put Mikaela up for her nap.  Juliana had a friend over for a playdate, the Christmas lights came down and we were working on the tree.  But Mikaela wasn't falling asleep for her nap.  Not all that unusual.  So I went up, gave her the bink.  A half hour later or so, did it again and changed her diaper.  I was planning to bring her down, but she was rubbing her eyes and seemed sleepy.  So although it was 4:30, I decided to put her back in bed to see if she would sleep a bit.

Ten minutes later, she was calling, "MOM!!!"   "MOM!!!"  (Again, not unusual.)  Kurt said he would bring her down as I was feeding Rebecca.  He gets upstais and calls down that she had thrown up in her crib. 

Well, to make a long story short....she hasn't stopped and since it is now 2:47 a.m. we are now worried about dehydration.  We talked to the doctor, called our nurse line, and low and behold, Kurt left to take her to CHoP.   There is also a potential bell swallowing situation that may be at play here, but we aren't sure.

This is the first time, I am not there with her for this stuff.   I am filled with dread as I know what is happening.  I am NOT HAPPY.  But I am going to try to go up to bed and sleep.  I'll need to get sleep to stay healthy for the other two.  I'll keep you posted as I hear from him.  Please say prayers if for some reason you are up and not sleeping at this hour!  :-)

No comments: