Monday, January 12, 2009

We've been home!

Sorry I haven't posted! We got home from CHOP 1/7/09 around 7 p.m. That first night was bliss! No nurses barging in every hour to check something! In the morning, she was a little tender since the pain meds wore off. I set my alarm to keep her getting Motrin and Tylenol on their respective cycles the next night.

However, the morning of 1/9 - at 2:15 a.m. -I awoke to the all-too-familiar sound of Mikaela puking!! UGH. I was frantic! Kurt held her in the bathroom waiting for her to empty her belly like usual and I was packing a bag to head back over to CHOP. First I called the surgery clinic and the dr. on call told me to wait it out for the next 4 hours. She said to give her clear liquids slowly beginning one hour after she last threw up and see if she is able to keep it down. By this time, I went back in the bathroom and she was laughing and playing peekaboo with Daddy! This is a good sign! So the bags were by the door and I sent Kurt to bed. I began giving her Pedialyte at 4 a.m. and she drank 2 ounces by 5 a.m. I put her back to bed at 5:30 a.m. Hmmm....what was that about??? Could the Motrin have been too hard on her belly? I gave it to her last at 8 p.m. and she had drank a bottle just a half hour prior. Who knows? I'm sticking to Tylenol alone from now on. So far - so good!

This past weekend we just hung home. Her appetite is finally picking back up yesterday and today. I am relieved!! Juliana's pneumonia is gone and so is the ear infection. We are all healthy around here! And to top it off - GO E-A-G-L-E-S!!! How fun???!

No comments: