Monday, December 15, 2008

One week post-op

Thankfully, this has been a very quiet week as Mikaela has been recovering. She did get sick yesterday - kinda thought we were past the vomiting. It was only one episode and then she slept and was fine as she woke up.

She seems to be healing very nicely. One time when I washed her hair, I forgot about the site and scrubbed her scalp maybe a bit too vigorously. She cried a bit, but got over it very quickly. I wonder how that will go through time. I wonder if it will bother her as she grows or will the site be numb. I wonder if she will just 'get used to it'.

Finally, I am beginning to experience the 'excitment' some people have been asking me about. I am excited for the possibilities that may be held for Mikaela. I am excited to watch her learn. ...Learn things I took for granted with my other two children. I am excited to narrate my entire life to her. Thank Heaven I am quite the talker! ;-)

I know the CI saying is, "Keep your hopes high and expectations low" however, that is not really my nature. I am a hope for the best and expect the best kind of girl. I also know that Mikaela's path will be her path. (Hence the name of the blog.) I will not compare her to others. I will be patient with her and honor her progress as her progress.

I am excited for the New Year and her new hearing abilities. Thank you for taking this next step with me and your loving support as we begin the walk.

3 comments:

leah said...

It sounds like she's healing nicely. What a great start to the new year- I'll bet she takes off like a rocket!

PolyglotMom said...

I'm excited to hear that things are still going well... when's activation?

Karen Rock said...

Faith:

Mikela is ADORABLE!! Those eyes! She is beautiful. I'm glad to see her surgery went well:)

Karen and Lily