Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Checking in

Hi! Things are going very well. Mikaela is continuing to eat cereal and now up to two tablespoons plus 6 tablespoons formula three times a day. She is drinking about 6-8 ounces of formula as well after the cereal. That is three good meals a day and she feels like she is putting on some weight. In fact, my left hip, knee and ankle have a floating mysterious pain. I am assuming it is because I carry her on my left side! :-)

We had an evil cold/fever illness run through the house since last Saturday (8/9). Juliana and I are about 99% better, but Mikaela and Daddy are still working through it. Each morning, I have to do that lovely nasal ball suction thing on Mikaela. Needless to say I am confident that the sensory shut down is over. She is not shy about letting me know how much she dislikes that procedure! I run the vaporizor in her room at night. Hoping that is helping.

Olympic fever also has hit our home. We DVR every night and watch it the next day. Gymnastics, track, diving, swimming, it is all so exciting!! I thought I missed the entire Equestrian competition because it doesn't air on prime time. (Finally found it on the Oxygen network.) I only caught it since Monday night. It was quite exciting that USA and Canada had to have a jump off for the gold in the team finals! The last event airs Thursday 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. and this is on NBC! You know I already have the DVR set!

Yesterday was quite the interesting day! When I get back from pony camp, I'll share!

No comments: